Day 5 – Mon 1st

What a rotten night sleep, I had to sit up all night due to coughing. It also rained during the night and thoughts of will we get out crossed my mind, as they say in wet weather the road becomes impassable.

The plan today was to head up to the 4wd part of the park up to Rotary Shelter shed also go past the ranger station and info centre, also check out the other camp ground vans are supposed to be able to get into. All went according to plan part from going up to the shelter shed; we got 4 km’s up the 12km road and came across a bad muddy patch that we couldn’t get up. We then went back to the van and had the arvo just relaxing and reading mags, the weather was overcast but not raining. We did decide that if the weather was the same tomorrow we would head out early.